PONTOON BEACH POLICE OFFICER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Pontoon Beach Board of Police Commissioners announces a career opportunity with the Pontoon Beach Police Department.
The purpose of the testing is to establish a Police Officer eligibility list for both entry level hire and lateral hire. The list will serve as the sole resource of persons hired for the position of police officer.
NEW POLICE OFFICER BENEFITS:
- Starting salary - $70,084.00
- January 1st, 2023 - $72,247.00
- After six months - $74,431.00
- Uniforms & equipment provided upon hiring
- Yearly clothing allowance
- Vacation, sick & personal leave
- Great health benefits
- Downstate pension
The qualification list below is not a complete listing of qualifications, but an overview. The applicant must:
- Be at least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age at the time the eligibility list is effective or have prior Law Enforcement or Military experience
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid Illinois Driver's License
- Pass a written examination, polygraph test, background investigation, medical examination and psychological exam
- Pass an oral examination by the Board of Police Commissioners
- Possess a valid POWER test card (Lateral Hire Exempt)
- Be an Illinois or Missouri resident
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Have 20/20 vision or correctable to 20/20 with glasses and shall not be colorblind
In order to be eligible to take the general aptitude written examination, the entry level police officer applicant must first submit a complete application and proof of passing the physical agility examination (POWER Test).
Pontoon Beach Police Department currently relies upon the Southwestern Illinois College (SWIC) POWER Test program for police officer applicants looking to obtain the necessary proof of completion for the POWER Test.
Applications can be picked up at the Pontoon Beach Police Department beginning September 27, 2022 and will continue through October 28, 2022. All completed application packets must be hand delivered to the Orientation meeting and given to the Police Commissioner when requested. Mailed or dropped off applications will be returned and not accepted.
The Village of Pontoon Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By order of the Board of Police Commissioners, Pontoon Beach, IL. 62040
Police Commissioner - John Richardson